A2K's product development service gives clients the benefit of 'on-demand' technical expertise to help them build products they can market and distribute themselves.We can offer a wealth of experience in the design and development of standalone or shrink wrap applications and online products – and we can combine online and offline technologies to deliver the best of both worlds.Product Development - Special RequirementsCreating software programs that will be installed and used by thousands - or millions - of people brings special requirements:
Most general software development companies have little experience of these issues. Most will have the skills to write the core application – but without the experience of actually releasing a mass-market application, the issues above are likely to be overlooked.A2K IT Solutions has a unique expertise in this area. Whether your software product is only at the concept stage, or you have a fully documented specification, you can be confident that with A2K you'll be in safe hands.
- The product often needs to be designed to work on multiple versions of Windows – sometimes it must work on Linux and Mac too.
- Security is a big consideration – most major companies now impose strict rules on how software can be installed, and the software installation program must work reliably in all cases.
- Upgrades and updates must be planned for – the program may need a special “check for updates” function.
- Testing of the software demands a lot of attention to ensure reliability.
- Often, the company behind the product needs to consider how to charge their end customers. Frequently, an online store and invoicing system is required.
- Copy protection should be considered.